Monday, December 10, 2012

Faith Shake

Remember my last blog post about having a rough year?

Well it continues...

Last Monday, December 3, 2012, I got into a huge car wreck, totaling my little Cobalt named Coco. :(

Fun Facts about my car problems:
  • Coco was my 3rd car in a year.
  • It was my sister's car.
  • I got her when my first and second car broke down.
  • When my second car broke down, that day, my dad received a letter from Chevy about parts on the Cobalt that needed to be fixed. They were recall letters so we were able to get them fixed immediately for free.
  • Around this same time last year, my first car broke down, and it was a really huge test of my faith in the Lord.

Praise God, I'm perfectly fine. No scratches or anything. I don't want to really explain the story (no, I was not drunk driving) or anything like that, but I can say that God is still good. He is still great. He is still victorious. And He is just as awesome as He was the day before my wreck as He is today. My friends kept telling me that it was okay to cry and it is okay to be sad about it, and I definitely understand that. I only had liability insurance, so it didn't cover me running into a pole. They were right, I had a right to be upset, pissed, and sad. The reality is that I am a 19 year old sophomore in college who almost has to pay for everything by himself. I will probably not have a vehicle for a while.

But I will live. I will not cry or be depressed. I will not stop praising Him. God gave me this gift, and He can take it away. Him allowing me to get into a bad car wreck does not mean that He loves me any less. His love never changes.

2 Timothy 2:13
If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
What will I do then? How will I act? If we, as followers of Jesus Christ, are who who claim to be, we have to have an unshakable faith.

When Paul writes about the qualifications for deacons in 1 Timothy, he says:
     They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.
1 Timothy 3:9

YES! Paul nails it. Hebrews 11:1 tells us that faith is the substance of hope, the evidence of things not seen. Other versions of the bible say conviction of things not seen. Therefore, faith is such a huge mystery, but Paul tells us to hold onto it with a clear conscience! He is telling all of us to hold onto what is everlasting (Jesus Christ). He is telling us to place our hope in our eternal savior, and not our temporary loans, such as my car.

I'm not perfect, but I can fully agree with Paul and James when they tell us a great way that we can practice our faith is the way that we handle tragic situations. Will you forget that Perfection that loves you more than you can imagine is in control? Or will you hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, because he who promised is faithful?
(Hebrews 10:23 ESV)

Don't let your faith shake. Remember, the unshakable is with you. Psalm 46:10 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home